Parish Finance Council
The Parish Finance Council (Council) functions as a consultative body to the Pastor. The Council, composed of members with the appropriate expertise and possessing a love for the Church and its mission, provides the Pastor with valuable advice and assistance in the execution of his parish financial administration duties. The Council does not have decision-making authority. The Council has only those duties and responsibilities envisioned by Canon Law and those assigned to it by the Pastor. The Council fosters a climate of openness, transparency and participation by ensuring the adherence to responsible fiscal policies. The Council provides the Pastor and diocese with regular and timely reports on the financial status of the parish.
The Parish Finance Council:
- Meets monthly and maintains minutes of meetings
- Assists the Pastor and Business Manager in the preparation of the Parish’s annual financial operating budget
- Together with the pastor, reviews, approves and submits an annual financial report of parish activities at the end of the fiscal year to the Bishop, Parish Council and to the Parish-at-large
- Advises the Pastor on parish financial affairs
- Participates in all Parish events and celebrations in the spiritual life of the Parish
- Serves in other duties as requested by the Pastor
CURRENT FINANCE COUNCIL MEMBERS 2015-2016
- Paul Takayesu, Chairperson
- Kristen Butac, MBA
- Ashley Labasan, Esq.
- Father Gregorio Honorio
- Rafael Mendoza, Business Manager
COMMITMENT OF TIME AND TALENT
Members of the Council are appointed for three (3) year terms and may be re-appointed to additional terms. In order to be effective in their responsibilities, members should have a thorough understanding of the parish’s mission, goals, structure, demographics; knowledge of diocesan statutes and policies regarding temporalities, and a general understanding of the structure and organization of diocesan finances.